Your Creation may vary.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

A Shift in the role of Lunars

Post by Amseriah »

This came uphere and I thought that it brought up the opportunity to better define the Lunars' role as Exalts:

An idea for them that might not be too bad is that while the Solars are the Princes of Creation and so make all the rules and such, the Lunars are the Stewards of Creation and as such impliment those rules. Give them domain over all the Terrestial Gods, the elementals, and such...that would be the reason why they can consume the Heart's Blood of a being and can take their shape. They effectively consume the entities small god and that god is trapped forever within the Lunar's exaltation. It kind of gives them a shamanistic feel that I know that people who played 1st ed probably don't like, but it does give them a role. Actually I kind of like this idea...that gives the Lunars a very similar role in Creation to what the Sidereals have in Yu Shan, the Infernals in Malfeas, and the Abyssals in the Underworld. This would also turn the Solars into more of the ruling class or the senators or what have you, and the Lunars are the FBI, CIA, cops, or whatever.

What do you guys think about this? Thoughts?
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

Not bad imo, though i'm not sure why the heart's blood angle is necessary.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

It's not really, but people don't want to play Lunars who don't shapeshift and it is an interesting way of explaining why this ability works. As far as I know there really wasn't ever a reason or description given in the Lunar book about why the Sacred Hunt works..it just does. Having the Lunar consume the small god of the entity gives a fluffy explanation and also explains one of the reasons that the gods of the terrestial bureau listen to the Lunars...they might decided to eat you if you piss them off. :D