Definitely not a space western.

Moderator: arete

arete
Lost Knight

character concepts

Post by arete »

characters will be in london when they wake up, they need a reason to stay there, and they need at lest a minor reason to form some sort of relationship.

post your ideas here please
psn: aretepolitic
Steam: aretepolitic
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

um... i want to be from america, simply b/c i don't know much about england. but i could be a student or something. it really depends on what i'm playing. i'd like to know what others had in mind for background concepts, as i have two VERY different characters in mind...
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

though people should post more details the current character line up is

Scotland Yard agent who is a death/matter mage
An Academic/Explorer who is a life/spirit mage
A Holy man who is a prime/forces mage
arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

rote specialties for what I am thinking so far as as follows

Ang: athletics, intimidation, medicine
Gid: investigation, occult, survival
cheyne: expression, persuasion, subterfuge

I really want to stick to the base book rules for everything. If you want another factions list of traits let me know.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

done.

didn't pick rotes, figure i should get them in game.

forces 3, mind 2, prime 1
faith/wrath
meditative mind merit

i want a unique merit. i want scholarly linguistics. deciphering dead languages for the purpose of reading texts is super different from knowing a language you can speak conversationally. it is not uncommon for experienced scholars to know latin, greek, hebrew, aramaic, arabic, and several other languages. that is alot of background points that are needlessly spent imo. if i can get that for the dead languages i want to know, i'll go into xp debt, and then just buy the ones i actually used in conversation on my journeys, like chinese and hindi/urdu.

Scholarly Linguistics- Mental Merit (OO)
the way i think the merit should work btw, is that i take a focus, say religious texts, and i make an int+academics roll to translate something clearly. the focus defines the language group, so with that you get stuff like sanskrit, aramaic, coine greek, hebrew, and latin. an archaeological focus might get ancient egyptian, south/central american native languages, runic, etc. a science focus would get you latin, english, specialized jargon, and possibly different computer languages. etc.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

arete
Lost Knight

Post by arete »

I am gona see if they offer any merit like that anywhere. You also might get this from the the 4pt random knowledge merit.