Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(i assume that he wasn't being weird around me...)

::mario, looking strained and a bit anxious, replies quietly.::

"i didn't really talk to him much. i only gave him a letter to examine once, and then i saw him when i first came. i never got my letter back. wonder what he did with it... are we going to have to leave now? i don't want to leave, i like it here."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Abellio consoles Mario.::

"He was very evasive, I tried strikeing up conversations occassionally, with Brother Marco and had only minimal sucess. We are not leaving, on the contrary there is in no urgency for us to leave."

::Abellio takes a pondering stance::

"This letter though it may be of importance. What did the letter read? Maybe if we find out whom wanted the letter we will find out whom killed Brother Marco."

"I will check on this further and get back to you Mario."

::Abellio then waits for a moment when best not to interupt Renardo. Abellio assists in the initial investigation when possible.::

(Will continue this in Infirmary thread)
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(Marco keeps a desk in the Scriptorium. If only someone had access...)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(does steven play this game? i think he's just a voyeur...)

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(could always break in during the day)
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: The Abbey is not the same place after the passing of Marco. Malachi has withdrawn and will not be seen. It is even rumored that his whereabouts are unknown, though it is believed he is somewhere within the walls. The three new arrivals have lost a mentor and friend. Abellio is further ostracized. Only Brothers Salvatore, Berro, and Renardo remain open ot the three guests. The Glazier continues to tutor Mario, as does Salvatore. For now, Brother Othon, the Cappadocian ashen priest, is running things. No more is said of the abbey at Melk or the group[ awaiting Marco there. Renardo continues his investigation, though seems preoccupied with the manner of death, not the culprit, should there be one. Others remain on edge, unwilling to speak of the gruesome event they witnessed or the implications surrounding the possibility of foul play. The Abbey is no longer the inviting, safe place you first entered.

Mario dimwittedly tells others of the letter Marco took to decipher, though none seem interested. If any work was completed in it's decryption, then it is locked away in Marco's desk in the Scriptorium.

Two weeks after the event, Brother Marco is still above ground, continuing to be examined by Brother Renardo. The body as inexplicably remained rather fresh, with only the beginning signs of decay creeping in. Many of the others monks call for a prompt and proper burial. Most wish only to be done with the matter. Berro's talk of ill tidings further stir feelings of anxiety and fear among the flock.

On a cold night, two weeks after the death of the beloved monk, Berro approaches Mario. Until now, the two have had little contact. It is almost as though the old monk has avoided the new arrival from Venice. He places a hand on Mario's shoulder and closes his eyes.::

"I see you have been marked. By whom or by what, I cannot say. You have heard the trumpets, heard the sounds of the coming storm. The answers you seek are tucked away in the library. In the Scriptorium and the labyrinth. Enter through the ossarium. Because of his youth, Marco of Otranto worked only on marginalia and deciphering of simple works. He had a very lively imagination and from known things he was able to compose unknown and surprising things, as one might join a human body to an equine neck. His books are over there in the tower. Nobody has yet touched his desk. Strange taboo. I am certain he was on to something. He worked like a man obsessed. He mentioned a..."

:: A fellow monk approaches, somewhat timidly. He speaks with uncontrolled tones, yelling when he should be whispering ::

"I saw him that very night! But he...but he was already dead! A wraith he was! Walking through the cemetery. He was not whole. He...he pointed at me and spoke a word I could not hear. Oh, Lord, what a gravelike voice he had as he spoke to me!”

:: Berro hushes the man and pulls him near ::

"Brother, quietly. You say you saw him dead? Before his placement in the blood? But he couldn't have been. Dear Mario, what do you make of this?"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"i-uh, how - how'd you know about what i seen?

uhm, couldn't he have been a ghost, tryin' to warn us, or tell us about his killer? mamma said that when a spirit left its body sometimes it'd hang on long enough to do somethin' to those left behind. which was why we had so many rituals to keep spirits at away right after someone died...

what did it look like he was tryin' to tell you, monk?

i... i can go over the notes he left if you want, not sure it would make much sense to me though. i haven't really talked to people much since i've been here, and i don't know much about the place. i did give marco a strange letter (relate what he told me) to translate, but i never heard back after the first time we spoke about it.

i'll do what i can."

::mario goes to the library after he is done with the conversation:: (assuming it is done; if not, he waits until it is before going. do i post over in the scriptorium, or here?)

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(Keep in mind, the Scriptorium is off limits to many, especially Mario and the other newbies. Also, the library is secret. Only the librarian, Ignatius, has access. Marco, the assistant librarian, had access in a limited manner, but he couldn't be watched all the time. Too bad Felix isn't around these days...)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(then i shall sneaketh. i'm very stealthy. i remember being stealthy. or was that another mario... are there fire breathing piranha plants in giant green pot-tubes in the scriptorium by any chance?)

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(I'm imagining Mario sneaking in with the dungeon music from mario bros playing. da-da-da-da-da-da. This will require some planning, or just luck. it is unoccupied during the day. assuming you pay some attention for a day or two, you know that the scriptorium is emptied just before dawn. ignatius locks it up from the inside. you are told that he doesn't sleep in the library, so you assume he has either a room in the aedificium somewhere or there is an exit you cannot locate. berro seems to know things. he mentioned going through the ossarium, which is a crypt for worthy monks. you don't know how to get in there. you of course need to avoid the mortals that work during the day. maybe your roommate could help. if he's not off hugging a tree somewhere.)
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::After two weeks of investigating and still only few leads as to the cause of Marco's death. It is time to put our friend to rest.::

(Will continue this in Marco's Funeral Rites)
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::After leaving the Felix's Cell.::

"Mario you may check with that priest you got the letter from."

(Mario goes to The Town in search of the priest. You have already completed this task.)

::After conversations with Mario, Abellio goes in search of the Ossarium. He begins his search with his closest contact in the abbey Renardo.::

(Abellio can be found in the Infirmary.)
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

After a long and tiresome period of shoveling out the stables, and other manual labor, Mario's continuous observation of the glass-blower earns him lessons in the most basic aspects of the craft. Mario is content, at least for the time being.

Also, under the tutelage of the other monks, his latin improves, and he begins working on some of the simpler texts that he is allowed access to.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Dude... I had such cool things planned. Figured out a way to involve Cheyne's tard and even tossed in a True Brujah, wearwolf clan, and the first time in history sexy was brought back.
Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

Oh my god, Chris?!? How are you? I've met your doppleganger, it's pretty damned freaky actually, but Lacie has a friend named Taylor who looks a LOT like you, has very similar personality traits, and even has some of your mannerisms...it's weird, I keep accidentally calling him Chris.