Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(Feel free to start new threads wherever. Marco is deserving of his own. Otherwise, locations are good, I think. Path of Tears is a part of Road of Heaven, which is what you'll find around here. Look in the road of Heaven book. Other paths will be around, but Malachi and Marco are tears.)
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

(Abellio's conversation with Marco has been moved to this Contact: Brother Marco)
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(I like that you do that. Makes it much more tidy)
durden
Lost Knight

A Monk Down

Post by durden »

Three Weeks Later

:: Three weeks pass at The Abbey while the three new arrivals work to settle themselves in. Felix spends his days in the Scriptorium, copying texts and doing research, trying to impress the librarian, Brother Ignatius. Mario wrestles with pigs and blows glass. The fires are becoming more tolerable, though the glazier finds tasks for the young Cainite that involve little risk of injury or failure. Abellio explores his surroundings, attempting to cultivate relationships with the priests that will openly speak with him. Brother Marco, though clearly displaying some degree of apprehension, humors the pagan in philosophical discussions and rituals of the order. the Franciscan monk has been preparing for a sojourn to Melk, Germany for the purposes of establishing another monastery for the order, to haven other Cainites and teach them the ways of Malachi's so called 'Road of Heaven.' The Nosferatu is beloved in The Abbey and has labored to integrate the new arrivals into their new surroundings. He will be missed...

December arrives in Italy, heralded by more intense snow storms and even colder weather. The fishermen in The Town turn to their food supplies, limited fishing, and the auspices of The Abbey to survive the cold months. Perro's son seems to have calmed down and Phillipe continues to drink away depression. Life is good.

On a particularly cold night, the sounding monks wake all for Vespers. The Abbey inhabitants gather for night prayer, asking forgiveness and seeking reassurance that their suffering as a result of their curse is for the benefit of all, as Our Lord's sacrifice hallmarked long ago. Brother Berro, a senior brother, leads services. A large yell of alarm and sudden commotion of the large door to the church hall opening turns all heads in attendance to regard the source of the interruption of their sacred function. Brother Othon, the Cappadocian senior brother, looks positively overcome with horror. He nearly trips over himself as he enters, addressing the congregation ::

"Our Lord in Heaven! Brother Marco. He is dead!"
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario looks up in confusion.::

"wha-what?! i... where? are we in danger? what's happening? i don't understand..."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::During the three weeks after conversations with Berro and Renardo. Abellio Continues to speak with Brother Marco and Berro frequently. Getting most of his philisophical pleasure during conversations with Berro. However the conversations with Brother Marco are tainted with humor and Abellio trying to ever so slightly get under Marco's skin without angering him.
Also during his time spent he will be spending it with Brother Renardo if second impressions go better than the intial encounter does. Abellio will also make trips to the forest nightly to tend to his forests needs and to seek out Pollox.::

Three Weeks Later
::With Brother Marco no longer there to humor. Abellio for the first time is sitting in for Vespers at the very back pew alone and unobtrusivly listening to the ritual, as the commotion catches his sight. Shocked by the news Abellio rises to his feet and waits for a sign from the congregation to learn how they react.::
durden
Lost Knight

Marco, Dear Marco

Post by durden »

Dead Marco

:: You are lead to a shed adjacent to the animal pens where the blood is stored and preserved in barrels. Several barrels await curing, sitting in four groups of three, each covered with an unsecured lid, expect for one. A large pool of blood rests in the crisp snow at the bottom of one barrel. The source of this spill is clear and is the subject of the cries and exclamations of the others. A pair of slippered feet extends from the barrel. It takes little investigative skill to recognize the owner of these feet. Brother Marco, it would seem, as been shoved into this blood-filled barrel. The cankles give it away. Mario recalls silently the experience, not wishing it upon anyone. The congregation looks to each other for direction ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio follows to view the sight of Brother Marco in the blood barrel under the shed. Abellio unobtrusivly looks for clues while the others stand in shock.::

(Rolls Perception + Investigation to see any items or foot prints that would help for tracking the culprit)

******Rolls*****
Roll 1
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(why isn't he decayed, or ashes?)

::Mario follows behind, looking anxious and unsure of what to do. he then rolls for frenzy at the sight of all that yummy priest blood.::

(you roll)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Abellio easily tracks footprints in the fresh snow. The only tracks seem to be those of Marco. It is difficult, but not unheard of, for someone to pass through snow undetected, but it is very unlikely. Is it possible Marco climbed into the barrel himself?

:: Several brothers gather around and attempt to lift the body from its gruesome resting place. The esteemed monk was a heavy man. Finally, the monks tip the barrel, allowing the remaining blood to wash over the ground and the crowd’s feet. Blankets and rags are taken from the nearby work shed to clean the deceased.

Marco’s body is a frightful sight. His skin is gray and ashen, unusual even for a Cainite. His features are sunken and skeletal. He hardly looks like the vigorous, robust man he appeared to be. More disturbing still, his mouth, nose, and ears are filled with a fine black dust, like volcanic ash but without any sulfurous odor. It is common knowledge that your kind cannot drown. Clearly, he was dead before entering the barrel, or expired from some other cause. There are no signs of struggle or physical damage of any kind. Renardo arrives, pulling together his robes and shouting orders to others to fetch certain supplies. Salvatore rounds the corner, looking confused but not distraught upon seeing the body. Malachi is the last to arrive, walking with the support of a cane, his hood pulled over his head, as usual. Upon seeing his beloved student, Malachi issues a series of exasperated prayers, clearly overcome with emotion. He withdraws his hood, revealing a scared, bald head. His face is pox-marked and his features unnatural. Wrinkles etch long, jagged lines across his face. He is hideous, in ways beyond the common ugliness of the times. He somewhat resembles some of the other brothers you know to be from clan Nosferatu. The other monks seem unconcerned with his appearance, looking instead to him for guidance. Renardo approaches Malachi to give his assessment. One word is spoken and despite the commotion, the word rings clearly over the uproar. “Murder.” ::

As for the state of the body, it seems remarkably well preserved. Mario wouldn't know much about this, but would overhear Renardo discussing it. The apothecary hypothesizes that the "methods" they use to preserve the blood may have kept the body, but it should soon show signs of second-death. Mario, seemingly made of pretty stern stuff, suppresses his Beast again at the sight of blood. Not all brothers show his resolve and begin to frenzy. The commotion is quickly suppressed by several fellow brothers who seem able to calm their associates with soothing words and gentle touches.

Renardo employs Auspex to examine the body, and he invites others to do so as well. He stresses though, that only his findings carry and weight. Players whose characters employ Auspex level 3 (The Spirit’s Touch) roll Perception + Empathy. Renardo himself seems distressed during the examination, but does not immediately share his findings.
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio not interested in being cofused with the murderer instead takes another route in his investigation. Abellio seeks out Brother Othon, the first on scene to find Brother Marco in his current state of being.::

"Brother Othon, although I have not been introduced I wish to help assist finding Brother Marco's assailant. When first approaching Brother Marco did you see anyone around? It being the early part of the evening during Vespers, it is hard for these actions to take place very much earlier without Marco's body being more exposed to the sun of the day before. Any ideas brother?"
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Abellio

:: Othon composes himself and turns from the sight of dead Brother Marco ::

“I…I…no monk leaves their cell between Lauds and Vespers, for the sun is still in the sky. Dear Marco did not attend offices this evening, though he often attends to other duties. His absence alerted no one, you see, to any problem. There are many workers out and the ghouled servants of Malachi and myself. These men can be trusted implicitly. Salvatore too is on the grounds soon after sunset, though he has duties in the kitchen and other quarters within the Aedificium. But…I cannot believe that someone would wish our dearest brother harm! He was beloved by all. He was to be away soon. If someone wished him gone, they need have only waited another few months when the weather cleared. The gits of my clan allow me to see through the eyes of the recently deceased. I dared to look through them, hoping to gain some insight. I saw only a haze. Clouded sight. I have not encountered such things and regret desecrating his body so.

Perhaps…no. I cannot believe he would commit the ultimate penitence…the greatest sin. It is forbidden by our order. He has taken a kinship to you and our other new arrivals. Has he not…has he seemed out of sorts or distraught? Only the abbot is positioned to hear his confessions and would not share such things. But if he mentioned anything… Anything unusual…”
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio listens attentively to Brother Othon::

"Brother Marco, apprehensively humored me with philisophical coversations. With his beliefs it is no wonder that he was apprehensive when in conversations with me. However I will check into it and see if any of the other newcomers saw anything odd about the way Brother Marco composed himself. I am interested in learning from you in the future Brother Orthon. I will keep you posted."
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Abellio

"Yes, good. An investigation will be conducted. Dark times... Perhaps Brother Berro speaks truth after all..."

:: Othon leaves you to ponder the ill tidings. A good part of the crowd disperses to allow Renardo and others to conduct their investigation ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio approaches Mario::

"Mario, Brother Othon has requested that I check with others new to the abbey. He wanted to know if Brother Marco has acted strange in the slightest lately, or if you know of anyone whom he may have any interesting contact with from the weeks prior to tonights occurences that may be of any assistance to the investigation?"

(Roll Perception + Empathy to discern Mario's Feelings on the subject )

********Rolls*********
Roll 1