Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

durden
Lost Knight

Bible Lessons

Post by durden »

I am setting this thread up to bring some God to you poor, wretched souls.

Verses will be posted on a semi-weekly-ish basis for characters and players alike. OOC discussions are welcome and should be labeled as such to avoid confusion.

The King James Bible, though anachronistic to the setting, will be used since it is the go-to book for today's nutjobs.

If your character is of another religion, we can do some fun comparative things here as well. Enjoy!
durden
Lost Knight

Leviticus 18:23

Post by durden »

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

This is THE most referenced passage condeming homosexual behavior. For some context, I need to explain a few things. The rules set out in this section of the Bible are semitic laws for people wondering the miserable desert, attempting to maintain some semblance of culture and civilization. Before this, it is ruled abominable to eat food on the third day after it is prepared.

These are from man to man, not divine mandate. The term "abomination," in this cultural context, means not a vampire/garou hybrid - but simply a cultural no-no. The "God spake unto Moses" bit is not a part of every version. It was decided retroactively that Moses must have been recieving his laws from on high. Apparently, his statesmanship is highly in doubt. He MUST have been directed by God...

Lev. 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Lev. 18: [9] These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
[10] And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

So, it's also an abomination to eat shellfish... Being gay is as bad as eating shrimp.

Lev. 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Keep in mind, it is a sin to NOT follow these rules, so the good book says. Anyone breaking them is cast out, if not worse. I could go on, but I think this is enough for now. This is not yet game related, just looking to get things going.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i could have sworn there was a new testament verse... Paul maybe?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Dammit. I typed a whole thing about it and it went away. I really need to remember to copy a message before sending. Instead of doing it all over again, I'll toss in a link I found in a random google search.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibc1.htm
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

are the boards deleting them, or are you taking so long between posts that it logs you out? i haven't experienced any problems, but if you are having issues, we have a real live compsci graduate running the boards now, so he should be able to help you.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Could be me. At times, I'll hit submit and get nothin. Not experiencing problems with my internet on other sites, so I dunno. I'll just take the extra precaution of copying the text so I can paste it into a new box if the boards it eat.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

2:10 Don't be afraid of the things which you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested; and you will have oppression for ten days. Be faithful to death, and I will give you the crown of life.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

that's a little vague for me... crown of life in exchange for death... yeah, give me something a bit more concrete... and wtf is a "crown of life" anyway?

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I was just randomly browsing through and found this. It's neat, cause it portents soemthing I had planned. teehee.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

I should have posted this from the KJV:

(Rev 2:10) Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Exodus 32:6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Hebrews 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.