Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

IC: Phillipe's Funeral Rites

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Abellio accompanied by many others including Mario (I assume) arrive, awaiting the funeral of Phillipe.::
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Mario stands in front of the waiting crowd, a bit fearful, a bit melancholy, and very contemplative, as he attempts to remember enough latin to give philipe a proper funeral. as the last of the crowd gathers, a hush washes over the area, with the villagers looking on the young man with trust and faith. Their confidence in him gives Mario the strength to continue, and he begins speaking with a strength and power.::

[lord's prayer in latin]

My friends, we gather here today to speak for Philipe, a loyal servant of both god, and this village, for many long years. He was a kind and caring man, filled with good will and concern for others. In his later years it is clear that demons haunted him, and that he attempted to chase them away with liquor. But his pain does not make him any less a child of god, and that he chose to continue on in spite of his pain shows his worth. Philipe eventually lost his battle, but what demons or the spirits made him do may yet be forgiven, for it may not have been his true will that compelled him. For this reason, we gather today to offer the rites that may yet lift his soul into the lord's care.

Is it a tragedy that life must be so short, or is a comfort that the miseries of this life last only a little while? Philipe, i hope, finds that he is whole now, and that he is a part of something greater [insert description of heavenly visions].

[funeral rites in latin]
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: The crowd is visibly moved. Mario's speech proves inspirational in several ways. With a limited understanding of Catholic dogma, the townspeople believed that suicide is the surest path to Hell, the ultimate sin. Mario has shared an alternative arrangement that must surely be church-approved, since he has spent time among the learned monks above. Many individual prayers go out to Phillipe's soul, in hopes that their love will alleviate him in the afterlife. Gerhard sheds a silent tear and Perro's wife looks annoyed, like she wants her husband to take her home, out of the cold.

Teary-eyed townspeople give thanks to Mario on their way out of the small cemetery. Small kisses on the cheek and warm handshakes overwhelm Mario, who has never inspired a person ion his life. A small, unmarked stone rests above Phillipe's grave. The engraved headstones that adorn the other graves come from Venice, you are told. It will be several months before a trip will be made to purchase one along with other supplies.

Soon, Mario and Abellio are left standing alone in the cemetery as a low, thin fog envelopes the town and surrounding area. At least the weather is warming a bit. Perro's sheep bleat loudly as the fog overtakes them, but they soon quiet down for the night. There is no snowfall this evening. All is well for now in The Town. ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::As the townspeople leave us behind, Abellio looks to Mario.::

"I did not know Phillipe, I am sure you were close to him. That was a very inspiring speach you almost have the makings of a bards toungue. It could use some work of course but it was very inspiring. I am not one for your religious beliefs, but it seems you did a very good job for these people."

"Lets check one last time at Phillipe's belongings before we head back to the Abbey."

::Abellio starts leaving the cemetery, to go to the small church in The Town.::