Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

rydi
Site Admin

IC: Talking to Salvatore

Post by rydi »

::mario, while slopping pigs, asks Salvatore a few questions.::

"so, i've been meanin' to ask you some stuff. i don't really know what we are... i mean, i know we're vampires, right? we burn in the sun, fire is bad for us. we drink blood. but that's it.

Why do we only get full when we drink from priests? are stakes and garlic and all that really able to kill us? what else is out there, like us? what is that strange pagan living in my room with me, and why does he piss on everything like he owns it?"
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Salvatore slaps a pig on the ass to send it along and straigthens up, which for him means he is only about hal upright ::

"You really are a pup *spits*. We don't all crave the men in cloth. I will drink from women, children...I love the women! Maybe I can change your tastes, hmmm? Hehehe. Flevotomos will no longer have to make your dinner special. With certain magics you can be quite a strapping man. I have a few girls that - "

:: Brother Othon walks past, nodding softly to Mario and eying Salvatore with something resembling annoyance and utter disdain. Salvatore continues in more careful, hushed tones ::

"But we shall talk of this later, yes? But you need to know many things. Yes much. Garlic reeks, but will not harm. Stakes. Those will stop one of our kind dead, but will not kill you. The sun and The Word. Those can harm. A true priest, a believer, can stop you in your tracks. I have met these men. I think with age, or wisdom, but I think age, we can stand to them. Malachi has. I have seen this. No man can deny him. This is why I follow. He knows the way.

I must teach you much. Magics and the ways of things. You shouldn't waste your times with that fool in the fires and glass. Or that wild man in your room. Who the hell is he? Malachi tells me to keep distance, so I do. I will show you how to make horse strong. To make yourself irresistible. Many things. Hehehe."
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"well, i like the glass...

but that crazy that i live with... he's mean. and he doesn't know that he's a heretic!

i'd really like to learn more from you though. i... know so little. thank you for taking the time to teach me."

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

"Oh yes, yes. Strange man. Speaks like one from the isles. Savages. But you are not yet in the cloth :: Salvatore tugs at his ragged robes :: I think we need to get you a change, yes? Malachi will teach you his way. I will teach you mine."

:: Their is something unsettling about the way he says the last part. His smile is almost sinister. You wonder about his misshapen form. Was he born this way. Where did he come from? You are afraid to ask, instead starring at his hump while he shovels pig poop ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"...yeah... that sounds... nice. uhm, what's the difference between your way and uh, his?

hmmm... i guess i could do with a change of clothes. they are covered in pig crap."

::to accent his words, mario flings another shovel of pig feces, which splahes him.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

"Hehehe. You throw shit as good as any holy man, eh? Hehehe. I can show you many things. Magics to make you strong, or make the women love you. Many hear only pay lip service to the old man. they have their own business. You'd be smart to watch them. This place...it is not as it appears. No. But it is protected. Safe place from those who will harm you from out there. But in here. Now you are not so safe, eh? You keep working. I will show you things."

(Salvatore will teach you what he knows of animals, theology, and craftsmanship. Plus something else I will pm you about)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(dandylific)

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: A few days after the death of poor Brother Marco, Salvatore fails to show up for the night's work. IF you ask, the other workers have not seen or heard about his possible whereabouts. It is not like him to leave without notice ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

hmmm...

::Mario, after finishing his work, goes about asking around and then looking for the creepy little gnome. He looks in dark corners, under bridges, perhaps even the town.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: You are directed toward Flevotomos, the cellarer. He has the honor of watching over Salvatore. He simply shrugs, seemingly apathetic. He remarks that it is strange, but then again, it is Salvatore. Several workers make remarks about the monk's "ladies." Flevotomos quiets them and takes you aside ::

"Look Mario, I cannot say I am too concerned. While he is normally very duty bound, I imagine he is simple...I figure he just ,,, at least he is out of my hair. If you want to scrounge for the rat, then by all means do. Malachi would be very appreciated, as Salvatore is his pet project *"Or just pet," a worker calls out * I don't know or care why he wouldn't be within these walls. He may be in the town below. I will leave it to you."

:: The cellarer pats you on the back, hard, and resumes his work loading several barrels on a cart and shouting orders to the hands ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::mario aids in lifting barrels, being a fairly strong lad even without supernatural potence. After helping for a while he makes a quiet exit and then goes to town to check on his pet priest and look for signs of salvatore.::

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

ok