Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::well, i've got some craft skill...::

(tries to roll craft on the door, despite it not being the right skill)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Abellio watches Mario as he attempts to craft the lock to open it. Watching this Mario is given a few moments in case dumb luck, wins the day. Abellio will make his own attempt, if Mario fails.::
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Mario works with the lock for several minutes, sticking anything in small enough to fit and rattling it around testing for strength as he gets a feel for how it is put together. He has worked a lot lately with the smithy in his glassworking endeavors and understands how keys are made for locks. Unfortunately, Abellio comes to the realization that Mario has no damn idea what he is doing at about the time when Mario pinches himself while playing with the device, drawing blood and curses. Abellio, not one for locks as they tend to limit one's freedom and space, figures he could probably smash is, but that would naturally clue others into the fact that there had been a break-in. Attention would certainly turn to the new guys. At the moment, this looks like a bad idea. ::

Again, feel free to do whatever. Mario and Abellio can arrive at the idea to craft a key, obtain a copy, or otherwise learn a way to mechanically bypass the lock. This would take anywhere from a day to weeks of heavy planning. Berro seems to know things and offered some info already. Elaborate schemes could likewise be made to cover up a break in, such as a fire or some architectural mishap (just a couple of ideas). For the moment, nothing short of smashing will get you in. There is a limited amount of time two unwelcome guests could reasonably go undetected. You have determined to some satisfaction that the lock is not overly complicated and that you will not be burned alive immediately after opening the door. Maybe that other new guy can help...

Love,
GM
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(Not sure what roll to make. PM me any results, Abellio is going to get an idea of what the key should look like. Please roll this one for me. I will post the results.)
::Abellio looking at the device feeling it has defeated him and Mario, decides to take one last look.::

"Would it be difficult to make a key for this lock, Mario? This would lengthen the time that it takes for us to get in, but would be less noticeable. You also mentioned a new fellow that is housed here. I doubt they would give him a key though. Not knowing his stance, if we disturb him this could cause suspision and prove difficult, maybe we will see him at dinner tommorow? This will also give me a chance to check into what the Ossarium is, any other ideas Mario?"
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"i think we should talk to the new person and berro."

::mario leaves, returning to a place where the burning orb cannot touch him.::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio nods in agreement and follows Mario to locate a safe place to stay.::

(After being at the door steps of the Scriptorium and coming up short both Abellio and mario go back to their room for the night)
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Felix arrives from his cell sometime in the middle of the night. He plans to question anyone who might be present, do some work, and probably check the contents of the desk.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: All is quiet in the Scriptorium. Five monks are currently hard at work, copying text and illuminating marginalia. You glance over at Marco's lonely desk. IT remains closed and there is no indication it has been investigated, as a bottle of ink still sits atop the lectern. Several others catch you looking. You look up to see Ignatius before you ::

"It has been a while since you have graced us. I trust your private studies proved...illuminating. I have a plenitude of work for you, dear childe. I have left several items on your work space. Is there anything you need."
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

"No, there is nothing that I need. My private studies have been quite informative," he looks over at the desk. "I wonder, has anyone looked through the contents of his desk since Marco's death?"
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Ignatius hesitates for a moment, staring silently at Brother Marco's desk. On yours sits a book of cathechisms and sacramentary. These are common texts, you'll know if you have dots in Theology. They'll likely be sold to small parishes with money, such as those in Venice. It's a simple job. Clearly, they do not yet value your skills. Ignatius turns to you with his stern visage, glaring at you in a way you are sure is intended to be intimidating ::

"Dear Brother Marco's things remain unmolested. We leave them so to honor and remember one of the best among us. His things are not to be touched. Since he did recommend you personally, I will allow you to continue your work here in the Scriptorium. Do not dishonor his memory. If your work proves satisfactory, then I shall entrust you with more ... respectable work."

:: Ignatius returns to his seat and resumes his work. You stand, surveying the room rather unsure what to do. Brother Berro looks up from his work, wearing a strange double glass piece inset with wire. It seems he is using this device to somehow improve his work. You'll have to remember to inquire about it. The old monk gathers his things and heads for the door, but not before passing your workstation ::

"Felix, you are not to be here. He is watching. The secret lies with the Beast. Here, use this childe. It shall open the door to secrecy, exposing the path of the dead. I have a message for the least among us. The skull is the way in. He will find it through the kitchen, into the shrine of relics. We have little time..."

:: Berro hands you something from beneath the folds of his habit. It is an iron implement. A key! You quickly tuck it away before Ignatius gaze falls upon the two conspirators. Berro makes the sign of the cross and hurries off. Ignatius regards you coldly ::
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Felix glares back for a moment, taking the opportunity to defocus his eyes to view the halo that surrounds all creatures. He's had just about enough of uppity monks, but it was best to determine exactly what this one's state of mind was before provoking him. He then sits back down and rapidly transcribes a few pages so as to not immediately follow Berro out. After finishing he gets up and leaves. He's got other ways of checking the contents of that desk.

He palms the key as he returns to his cell, feeling its weight. What had the mad old monk's cryptic words meant? "The secret lies with the Beast." And then the key which will "open the door to secrecy, exposing the path of the dead"? Taken as a whole he seemed to be talking about some sort of crypt, while also implying that Marco's death had quite the sinister motive behind it.

Best to take care of some things in his cell, and then possibly investigate the kitchen.

[[OOC: Felix uses Aura Sight, or whatever the DA version is called on Ignatious, just generally gathering information. I suspect I already know that he's not exactly thrilled to have me around, but it'd be nice to know if it stems from annoyance, hatred, or some other factor. ]]

<<To: Felix's Cell>>
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

OOC: I'll get back to you on this soon...