Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: You have the first week to yourself. As you grow bolder and more curious, you spread out, almost looking for trouble. Finally, on an unusually warm evening, you spot Pollox in a clearing, seated among a series of large cut stones that must have once composed a fortified structure. Though his back is turned toward you, he raises a hand, motioning for you to approach ::

"I have not met one of your kind so attuned to nature. Though I consider your kind a blight, I believe you to be the threat to man, not beast. You belong in a crowded city street, feasting upon the sick and filthy human rubbish. Malacahi asked that I show you some companionship. Seems your 'brothers' up there do not take kindly to other ways of thought.

There is one thing I have wondered since our last meeting. How do you handle yourself in battle?"

:: The last statement is emphasized not only by Pollox's standing, but by his voice upon speaking the last words. It was deeper. More...bestial...::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::With the motioning of Pollox's hand, Abellio steps forward and takes a appropriate seat to speak with Pollox.::

"Although in the distant past there were many similar to myself, in the current times my beliefs, and ideals have been placed aside for the newer ideals of this current age. Although many of my kind flood the city's of these current nights, it is not my wish to join them. I feel freedom and purpose here with the forest. I wish no harm to come to the land or animals that live here. I will have to remember to thank Malachai for making his request. My 'brothers' do not remember the old ways as I do. They align themselves with new ideals and have forgotten tradition from nights past."

::Abellio knowing that all of his knowledge and charisma mean nothing on the fields of battle. Remembers a time long ago when battle was neccesary to preserve his very traditions he protects now.::

"Although I am known for my vast knowledge and my oracular ability. There was once a time in my distant past, in my home country when my abilities meant nothing. For the battles that were waged back in times past were over the very thing I still hold dear to my heart to this day. I did fight for my beliefs and ideals alongside my country men as time has told we failed to hold significant hold over the area. It is now plagued with other belief systems and the traditions have been washed away slowly with time like rocks on a shoreline. However I was fierce in battle I did not waiver, although my country mens overall goal was not met we did fight for what we believed in none the less. I am not one for battle but nor am I one for cowardice."

::Sensing a possible hostility, Abellio spends a blood for nothing more than to bulk up his physical stats in Stamina traits slowly as he is speaking as to not cause any alarm and to not provoke unwanted engagement::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: While blood flushes through your body, strengthening your physical stature, your friend next to you also bulks up. His already impressive height and build increase to inhuman proportions. You are aware of his kind, though you may have never directly encountered one. He is Garou. He is ready for a fight ::

"I'll show you how much your ideals matter, creature."

:: Pollox, now in glorious Crinos form, reaches for his large two-handed sort which rests nearby and now fits easily in one hand. He wastes no time, lounging forward to attack ::

Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1659332/

(First attack will miss. Roll dodge and soak, along with your own attacks if you choose to defend yourself)
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(Assuming that the xp expendature was okay. Abellio Rowan Rander)

::Abellio blocks the first swing with an arm and lets it draw blood. Abellio uses a free action to activate Witness of Darkness (Protean: Eyes of the beast) and spends a blood to activate Talons of the Beast. Two Blood will be spent to increase Dexterity traits. While this is occuring the drawn blood will be activly spread across the ground in a spiral fashion. This is the first round that a blood has been spent to use Consecrate the Grove. Abellio will continue to actively dodge in the fashion into the next round.::

(Roll Dexterity + Dodge to activly dodge after spending 2 Blood for Dexterity)

"My ideals matter as long as I believe in them."

::Abellio will also continue to spend a second blood on the second round of combat for Consecrate the Grove. Therefore allowing Consecrate the grove to take affect at the begining of the third turn. As a free action on the second turn Abellio will spend 3 Blood to increase his Strength traits. On the final ring of the widdershin Abellio will charge with his claws and make a Dexterity + Brawl attack with his claws. Abellio is interested in becoming the victor if possible but also has no intentions of killing or maiming Pollox to the point of death or permanent impairment. If it is not possible to defeat him he wishes to provide a worthy fight to Pollox.::

(Roll Dexterity + Brawl to make a claw attack *Note in book says accuracy +1*)
(Roll Charisma + Survival to rouse the spirits using Consecrate the Grove)

*******Rolls**********
Roll 1 Dodge
Roll 2 Attack
Roll 3Consecrate the Grove

(Abellio is down to 11 Blood if he was at full before this scene and has now buffed all physical traits to a 4.)
Last edited by Guardiankrillin on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(i will get to this. just tired from putting up drywall.)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

(how is that going btw?)
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(slowly. killing me. mike, roll to soak his third attack. he scored two success with lethal dmg. should be fine. i swear i'll work on this tomorrow. combat is tiresome on the boards and i am now studying for a test)
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(Sorry, Hope I did the combat correctly and the current soak rolls.)

Soak Rolls for the rest of battle
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Pollox easily bats your attack aside with the flat side of his sword. Next round, Pollox attacks in the same fashion with three rapid sword swings.

1st round Dodge:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1664283/

2 round Attacks:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1664281/
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

(Are the attacks happening at the same action? I am trying to figure out the action sequence of events. Is he doing something special or is he just that bada$$)
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

probably repeated attacks using rage.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Abellio feels he is beginning to loose this fight. Pollox's sword swings come in rapid succession. The werewolf slowly works you backward, threatening to end the fight with just one well-placed strike. Fortunately, you are not without resources. Having tasted your blood, the spirits of the woods come to your aid. Vines, saplings, branches, and entrap the lupine swordsman. Trees bend toward you, further obscuring his path toward you. Grasses and roots entangle his feet, stooping his progress.

You take a step back, happy that your connection to the living world is more intact than Pollox assumed. You ARE a creature of this world. Those monks above speak of curses and the unnatural nature of your existence. But look what you have accomplished! As you marvel at your ability, Pollox interupts your introspection with a laugh. A guttural but distinct laugh emanates from the mass of green surrounding the figure. He mutters something in a language you do not understand, or perhaps this form simply does not allow for regular speech. Either way, there is a clear effect. The plant life shakes violently. Just as quickly as the forest rushed to your aid, it withdraws back to its natural state. Pollox stands now, in the throws of another transformation. He reverts to his human form and sheaths his large sword on his back. ::

"Good, good. I seem to have underestimated you. These woods saw fit to heed your call. Gaia does not offer such protection lightly. I have been alone too long, without challenge too long. I have grown weak and stagnant. I have served a penance for my brothers and sisters, but have only served to further dishonor them."

:: Pollox approaches, holding out a hand ::

"Maybe this old fool has something to learn from you kind after all. These woods are large enough for the both of us. The stink of the cities shall not permeate these woods while I stand. Perhaps you will take my place after my passing. The years weigh heavy upon me. Perhaps you can teach me more of your 'freedom and purpose' here."
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio somewhat releaved and appreciated for his abilities for once in his lonely existance, takes Pollox's hand in stride.::

"I see the forest is in touch with your being as well. Although without the help of our surroundings, I believe you would have handily bested me. Although you have been far from battle for such a long time you are far from weak. If you wish to spar regularly I will help you by giving you practice and while teaching me forms of battle I am unfamiliar with. I will also share what knowledges I am familiar with if you wish to share the same. I watch the heavens for signs of good tidings and good harvest, I hear that your kind follow the moon and celestial spirits for other reasons."

"I would be glad to share this forest with you if you are willing. I would be honored to take your place protecting this sacred forest you hold dear."

::Looking about the remains of the ruins. Abellio turns back to look at Pollox.::

"How did it happen if I may ask?"

(Refering to his comrades)
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Pollox sits near the fire, poking the flames with a stick to stir the embers. His age is more apparent now, with his shoulders drooping heavily and breath coming uneasily. Gray hair and his myriad battle scars attest to a lifetime of hardship. He takes some time staring into the flames before he answers ::

"Templars. Our pack heeded the call of King Edward of my...our isles. We fought across lands. In an enormous battle in Galilee. We fought against the Mongol dogs, only to be betrayed by our Egyotian brethren. Tired of such fruitless battles, we returned only to be moved about Europe, fighting the Wyrm when we encountered it and finally, it seemed our Lords had enough of us. the Templars quickly fell out of favor. We settled, finally listening to the stars and resting our shields in this place. Our caern stood strong. We resisted incursion and laid with our Mother proudly.

*Sighs* My family. The human side, made a request I could not deafen my heart to. My brother and nephew, fellow knights, found themselves in need in the Holy Land. While I was off defending the miserable hamlet of Quaquo, this... *waves his hand toward the ruined keep around you*

I know not what happened. I found two of my brothers dead upon my return. The others are gone, though there were signs of battle and the scent of their blood was unmistakable. I tried to keep hope they were alive, though it seems clear now they perished. I haunt these woods now, awaiting my return to Our Mother.

But enough. my tragedy is mine. My absence may not have prevented this, but I do so wish I died here among my kin. We, unlike your blood, are family. Brothers and sisters in this world. Look what I have become. I now befriend a creature of darkness. Perhaps my age has muddled my mind..."
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio takes a seat near Pollox by the fire, adjusting for his positioning to accommodate the fire nearby.::

"As a Templar you fought for your beliefs. That is honorable and noble in it's own right. Although such fruitless battles happen, this does not distract from the honor in the purpose behind why the battle is being fought. Although your Lords no longer favored you, that does not mean your ideals were less precious. I can see why this place was chosen as a sacred location.

It was a tough decision, to follow your blood family or your surrogate family.
I apologize for your losses. Do you know of whom may have had reason to do this? As you are a fierce warrior I am sure your brothers were the same. Who could have been so successful against them? Our Mother has a purpose for everyone yours may yet be over. Would it be possible with any luck there were survivors whom still live out their days? Maybe the stars left you to honor your fallen comrades, by finding the ones at fault for this tragedy or possibly you have been left to bring new life to this fortification that you now haunt and protect. Could it be possible some of the monks with my kinds longevity may have ideas as to the reason for the attacks? It can be asked subtly, as to bring no eye brow to raise.

Maybe, I may help you find a way back to the honor you have believed to have lost. It bothers me so that one of your caliber feels, such agony for things that were mapped out in the stars above, centuries before you were in existence.

Although it is less practiced by my kind I still understand the meaning of brotherhood, however this curse my kind bares inhibits such luxuries at times. As for befriending a creature of darkness, my fellows may say the same of my new found friendship.

Our battle has made me hungry and soon I will no longer have the cloak of night protecting me. If I may be of any assistance just ask. You may petition for me at any time I will heed your call. I hope the same gesture is available to myself. If we may use this fortification or the area in the forest where my pyre was built as a meeting location I will make an atempt to check on you each evening to see if things are going well. Also as I make my leave, Have you heard of a being named Koban? I have only heard this name in passing and wonder whom it belongs to.

::Abellio waits for responses to his questions then prepares for his journey back to the abbey.::