Vampire: Dark Ages by chris

Moderator: durden

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(OOC: I didn’t expect you to respond to the dreams yet. I just hope you occasionally look back to them to remember. I didn’t originally plan them. They’re just special for you, as I’ve also added, well, a bunch of Town NPCs on the fly. All for you to drag out getting to The Abbey. Hope it was a fun trip! Probably should have had you suffer more in the wilderness… Oh and everyone else, feel free to jump in!

I'll post the response to this tomorrow and unless you die on the way, we can then switch over to Location: The Abbey. Woot!)
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Flevotomos: Oh ho ho. Well that’s just fine. Come on boys! Let’s get this all home.
:: The “boys” get everything loaded, presumably with your help, and the group moves off. Philippe doesn’t wait to see you off. You spot him headed to Gerhard’s just after you lift your first fence stock. The sun has fully set know, though the team seems more than accustomed to working in such conditions. The road is mostly free of snow, as the weather has warmed a bit over the day, despite the light snowfall last night and some work has clearly been done on it. You watch the fencing you placed precariously on the cart. It rattles every time the cart hits a bump or hole. Be just your luck to screw up your first job.
You think back to what you know of monastery life. The time system they used. You never quite learned that. There is a designation for each time of prayer. You remember Prime and just overheard someone say Compline. Shouldn’t be too difficult. No reason to remember the units during daytime…

Flevotomos brings the two horses to a halt, calling for one of the hands to take his place. He hops down and walks beside you as the cart begins rolling again up the path. ::

“We got another good mile up the way here. Why don’t ya tell me a little something about ya, eh? I just think you might fit in nice here. Malachi likes it when I bring ‘em new blood. Heh heh. *cough*. I hear ya had problems in Venice. I’ve managed to avoid that hole for years now. Malachi’s from there ya know? Place isn’t too friendly to folks like us. So you as simple as ya seem, boy?”
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

"uh... well, i guess i'm simple, i haven't done a whole lot... if that's what you mean... there isn't much to tell. i assisted my village priest, and on one of our trips to venice to... gather supplies for the church, we were both attacked. he died, i ran. i settle here, with all the nice people. but they don't have much work. and i like working at night, but most people in small towns don't have much to do at night."
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Flevotomos laughs hard and pats you on your back…also hard. You nearly buckle under the man’s friendly blow. He nearly hits as hard as that creature! You can easily imagine that if you were still among the living, that love pat would have likely crippled you ::

“It’s alright, boy. I’m a simple man myself! There’s a sort of wisdom to the simple. We say what we mean and do things honestly. Not likely to find many of us ‘simple’ folk up here, but plenty of nighttime chores. Oh they’ll keep you running haggard, they will. It’s good work though. Abbot Malachi has been reeeaaaal good to me and the others over the years. We’ll keep ya well fed too. Right boys?”

:: The hands laugh, suddenly not seeming as innocent or unknowing as before. You begin to wonder just what you have gotten yourself into. As you near the abbey, you manage occasional glimpses of light up ahead. The men are eerily quite on the remainder of the trip. Are these men like you? Cursed? You think back to the shadow man and the Prince. Why did they send you here?

The wind picks up as you near the Abbey. Lanterns are hanging, swinging in the breeze, to light the way up. As you approach the gates, the cellarer turns and gives you another wink... ::

======== End Mario's Story Part II ========

(Story moves over to Location: The Abbey)
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Post by Guardiankrillin »

::Still drapped in his clothing provided at the Abbey Abellio arrives in town. Abellio will attempt his best to stay unnoticed. However he will be in the process of snuffing out any candle light in view and a new fire will be lit with the other end of the snuffer. Torches will also be put out and relit with his torch. Which he relit with the bonfires flames. After doing this to most of the towns visable lighting he will ascend back to the Abbey just as fast as he arrived at the town.::
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(K. Roll Stealth and I'll let you know how it works out)
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

Dexterity Stealth Roll

by the way you can roll my dice I am with Cheyne it is better that way.
durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

(Lol. I think so too. I don't expect you to be as trusting as Cheyne though. Feel free to detail your response to things.

Let's hold off on this thread until the Woods encounter is resolved)
durden
Lost Knight

Mike

Post by durden »

:: Abellio succeeds in replacing all visible lights (which are few this time of night) before sneaking back out of town. You see few on the streets, as the town shuts down before 9pm. As you head back, you hear a stern, deep voice behind you ::

"Boy, Malachi would like a word with you. Now."

:: You turn to see Flevotomos, the cellarer of the abbey. His normal smile is gone as he stands there, arms threaded over his chest. You suspect Malachi is not pleased ::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::Abellio hurridly follows the summons back to the Abbey.::
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

::While travelling back to the abbey with Flevotomos, Abellio trys to discern from Flevotomos actions what he is feeling. After which Abellio breaks the silence::

(First Roll Perception + Empathy to discern Flevotomos feelings further)

"Flevotomos, may I ask you a question? I understand I was not very discrete in my actions. From you voice I know you or Malachai both are angry with me. Is it only because I was not discrete or is there another reason that I am not seeing clearly? I appologize for causing any trouble but, no harm was intended."

(Second roll Charisma or Manipulation + Empathy to convince Flevotomos of his sincerity ****Note using Empathy since Abellio did not actually mean any harm and is not lying about his intensions****)

*****Rolls*********
First Roll
Second roll
durden
Lost Knight

Abellio in Trouble

Post by durden »

:: You sense anger from the normally jolly cellarer. He walks briskly before you and doesn’t seem much up for conversation. However, your words soften him a bit, as he turns to regard you before reaching the abbey gates. ::

“*Sigh* Boy, ya stirred up some trouble for us. I don’t know what you’re after, but I hope it was worth it. I had to…persuade several of the good people here that they didn’t see a thing up there. Nevermind ole Pollox getting his tuft in a bunch. The abbot believes it is time to lay out his expectations. Should only be a slap on the wrist, I’d imagine. You gotta understand why are kind keeps a low profile. It’s my job to be the ‘face’ of The Abbey. If only they could see my real face…

You glance over at the cellarer as he says this, and reel back in shock. His face…it resembles that of a corpse. It’s just…just awful! His eyes are sunken in, resembling those of the deceased. Skin hangs down, having lost all elasticity. Pox marks scar his face. His ears are heavily cauliflowered. He maintains a shroud, you understand, to interact with humans. ::

“Many things, boy, are not as they appear in this world.”

:: You arrive at The Abbey soon after. Flevotomos points the way to the church proper, where the abbot is surely waiting in his rectory. Assuming you enter immediately, you find a door on the west end of the church hall open. A lone monk occupies the building, sweeping and performing his chores for the evening. He looks up at you with a blank expression. He is sickly pale and gaunt, almost skeletal. He points a boney finger to the open door. You feel the warmth of a fire as you approach. Malachi sits in a large-backed chair, facing away from the door. He holds up a hand as you approach. ::

“I suspect you know what I have to say.”
Guardiankrillin
Lost Knight

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

:: Life goes on in The Town. Gerhard continues to run his tavern. Perro fights with his wife. fish are pulled from the water and eaten. Life is good, for now ::
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

::Mario walks into town several weeks after his arrival at the monastery, and goes to visit the tavern for a bit of song and companionship.::
Threading the Gerbil since 1982