If you'd like to see a new forum or category, or think there's something we need to change or remove, let us know here and we'll look in to it.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

From the Special Pages link you can find a link to both All Pages and also to All Categories. Ideally every page should be in a category with the exception of the root page, the Main Page.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Namespaces have now been implemented. One of the main changes that you might see due to this is in what is available via searching. For most people that have accounts already, you will only be searching the 'main' namespace with the default search options, which will only get you our more general articles and campaign-specific stuff. You can tell it to search, for example, the Star Wars (D6) namespace by then clicking the box for that namespace at the bottom of the search results screen. One of the other changes to functionality that this makes is that the 'random page' function will no longer take you to pages in alternate namespaces. I'm working to find a way to make that happen (as I think it is beneficial), but I'm not sure it'll work out.

Default search behavior can be changed by going to My Preferences in the top-right of the page, and then clicking the Search tab and clicking the boxes for the namespaces you'd like it to search by default. I would generally recommend that all of them starting with Star Wars (D6) and going down, excluding the talk namespaces (which we have not used so far), be checked so that you'll be able to find everything.

For new users and for anonymous users, the default is to search the main namespace and then all of our project namespaces (except BD, which is reserved for future production of Black Diamond works once I can make sure no one can read those articles without permission). I just can't change the search preferences for everyone that already has accounts without a bunch of extra work (which I will eventually do, but probably won't get to in the short term).