If you'd like to see a new forum or category, or think there's something we need to change or remove, let us know here and we'll look in to it.
rydi
Site Admin

i would like new features

Post by rydi »

i don't know what i want, but i want it.

how about some new emoticon packets? can we get those?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I really don't know. I only know enough to drop the forums in place and administrate them. Adding any features would take considerable research of the sort I find I generally don't have the time to do. A good start would probably just be to Google for "phpbb emoticons" or something like that. phpbb is the forum's basic engine. If it matters at all (it probably doesn't) I've dropped the Nosebleed skin on top of that as the default skin.
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'll try to add them when I get home. I can't do it from work because I can't ftp into the site from here.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i know someone that supposedly has alot of xp in phpbb software. i'll ask him how one adds features, and what interesting stuff is out there.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

PHP is a programming language. It's different that phpbb, which is bulleten board software which is written in PHP.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

:whax: :whdat:
Out there somewhere there is a Tarrasque eating delicious epic corn waiting to start a journey...
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

:flower: :) :angry4: :evil3: :angry4: :angel10: :tongue7: :sign10: :violent3: :love7: :color: :withstupid: :brave: :smurfin: :study:

Mos
Lost

Post by Mos »

I am the person that Rydi is referring to.

I am Corwin. I have about 5-7 years experience with PHPbb versions 2 and 3 (collectively), although I have not personally made themes or addons, I am quite experienced with installing, moderating, and debuging the system.

I currently host my own PHPbb forums through GoDaddy.com at the fan site: http://www.shiningtimeu.com and moderate/admin the Magic the Gathering: Online clan's forums at: http://www.mtgoisc.com

I have massive experience with the successful transfer of forums between different web-hosts (most notably, with our DOD:S clan, now dissolved, when we switched web-hosts several times...).

If you would like to contact me beyond pm, please e-mail me at [email protected]
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

http://www.adiumxtras.com/index.php?a=x ... ra_id=3661

i would like these emoticons. the mana symbols for magic are mostly what i'm interested in. or you can tell me how to do it and i will.

and actually, this page has tons of emoticons on it. i wouldn't mind having more...
http://www.adiumxtras.com/index.php?a=s ... &start=180

rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

srsly, if you just tell me how to add these...

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Bleh, I'll see if I can write up instructions or something.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i found the place where u add the smilies, but i think the data has to be uploaded to the website already before install...

d;lajffflkjdf;lkjsafd;lkjafdlk;lfja;jfajdsflja

:bonedemon: meh.

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

Again, if you actually got up and went to a computer some time when I was over, I can show you how to do that and how to wiki