If you'd like to see a new forum or category, or think there's something we need to change or remove, let us know here and we'll look in to it.
rydi
Site Admin

Find Me A Job!!!

Post by rydi »

so. boss told me today that his boss told him to fire basically everyone, and that he would also be fired if sales didn't improve.

this is ridiculous, since we make all our #'s except raw revenue, which is impossible in this economy. furthe, those #'s are based off of the last manager who was commiting serious fraud to make his #'s. yet the DM still talks about how much the store was making... and the other stores are just as bad off too, making this whole thing even more absurd. oh, and for the last year the DM hasn't even been doing his job.

it is stupid. we will write his boss in hopes of getting him fired, but pretty much no one wants to stay. and the only way I would want to is if I got management, which looks unlikely at this point.

so, in short, FIND ME ANOTHER JOB!!!
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

Let's go work at DHS together. I'd say sub, but it's too late in the year.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

we could. i'll go if u do, and when u do.

i've got the better degree for it, but you have more xp. wonder who'd get it... probably niether of us. probably go to someone with connections or with some sort of satus that makes them more appealing for gov work.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

There are state merit tests for many positions and there are always openings. Problem is, I cannot afford to take the time off to go test mon-thurs. Tests are free but take about 2 hrs each. I took one and passed it fine. Haven't heard a word about it.

Pay isn't about. Over $2000 a month. Double what I make now.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

hmm... take a day off. we can go test a bunch. then go get real jobs. we can be work buddies. you know u want to.

durden
Lost Knight

Post by durden »

http://ok.gov/opm/State_Jobs/index.html

Just setup a resume online and apply to things. If approved, they send you the test number to show to the people at the capital building.

for DHS jobs, you need a bachelors. just say you have one, since you will soon.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

i've got the better degree for it, but you have more xp. wonder who'd get it... probably niether of us. probably go to someone with connections or with some sort of satus that makes them more appealing for gov work.
so that is what the 10 point version is for.... I get it now... :lol:
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yups.