Actually just Pathfinder. For discussion of rules, character builds, and anything else non-campaign related.

Moderator: adam

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Pathfinder

Post by Amseriah »

First off, this should be it's own topic probably under D&D, but anyways as I thought here is what the Editor-in-chief has to say about PrC's in regards to Pathfinder:

The general theory is that in 3.5, prestige classes sort of took the game over—they were everywhere and all over the place. We wanted to ramp this proliferation back a bit, and bring prestige classes back to something someone would take not necessarilly because they're looking to power game or maximize their character, but because they're looking for a more specific roleplaying edge for a character or for something actually different from what their core class gives them. By making the core classes attractive to 20th and removing "dead levels" we DO hope to see more single classed characters.

That all said, don't forget the most important rule: "It's your game." That, and the fact that it's still compatible with 3.5 means that all the older 3.5 prestige classes are still pretty much viable. You'll want to download the free conversion guide to find out how to make those older classes work with the new skill system (it's pretty easy) but beyond that, it should be ready to go.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

I'm generally pretty happy with it so far. Things are balanced, a lot more fun, and still very diverse. My only complaints so far are mostly nitpicky things, and the fact that some of the characters are a bit swingy in certain types of situations. But on the whole, great product.

I will probably be using their skill list for most things in the future.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Amseriah
Lost Knight

Post by Amseriah »

3rd party is working on psionics for Pathfinder, it will be based primarily on XPH with some tweeks, but they want people to add comments and material, follow this link to the discussion:

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/pa ... hfinderRPG

It IS 3rd party but will be OGL so, hopefully it will stay good and within the spirit of the new system (i.e. won't feel too weird like 3rd party things tend to).
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »