Actually just Pathfinder. For discussion of rules, character builds, and anything else non-campaign related.

Moderator: adam

Ivanovich
Lost Knight

The World's Largets Dungeon

Post by Ivanovich »

since it doesn't ahve a forum, nor does it need one, i will be posting info here. I am seeing if people want to play this Saturday or not. Cheyne seemed kind of put off with playing D&D for 14 or so hours straight which i can fully understand.

If people want to keep playing we can if not i am cool with that. Though i think that possible keeping the same people and maybe makng a differnt less combat oriented game (WOD, 5th Age, Marvel, etc...) for Saturday afternoons might be a good idea. If enough people show for it then we can start the Tower on time, well early.
Thael
Lost Knight

pussies

Post by Thael »

I am up for keeping the WLD going since it can only get more interesting... or at the very worst stay the same... getting less interesting would be a feat I would have to see to believe it... and if WLD does die in favor of another game *cough Marvel cough* then I may just through the backups into the tower... woe be unto them
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I've actually been putting together a build for a character in WLD (or whatever gestalted D&D medium is available for it) the last few nights. I'm not sure if Satirday afternoon is necissarily the best time for D&D currently as it is immediately followed by Saturday night D&D. In the event that the Satuday night game changes, that would also change, but I think its a Math™ the Game! overload for folks.

I'm totally down for something that might be a little more roleplay/plot-centric. I've not played anything like that in... like... a while.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

I dont want to hear any bellyaching... I do want to hear what you were building...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

my two-cents...

WLD would be... fine. Especially if the dungeon itself becomes more interesting and some plot rears its head. But, depending on how this week goes, will depend on my continued participation in it. I'm beginning to think that the WLD is meant as a supplement to a larger campaign rather than as a campaign in itself.

I really would like to role-play something instead of roll-play for a while, though i'm not sure what, and i don't want to run the fucking thing, whatever it is. and feng shui, though i would like to start again, doesn't qualify. but yeah, something with a story, real npc's, real setting with developed background... you know, those campaigns that require work to keep going. could do WoD, old or new, abberant, marvel (early in the day marvel might be nice, it isn't as much of a night game imo; maybe bring back some characters... could be nice... i might even run parts of that...), a d&d game w/plot (i would really, really like to do this as well, as i haven't gotten to since gideon's little mini-dd game, which i enjoyed but which ended quickly and leveled a bit faster than was productive for my character background). other than that, i might like trying a new system or something we haven't done in a while.

TIME, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE? WHY DO YOU LEAVE ME?!?
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

I'm at work, so I don't have the full specifics with me. I'm looking at two diffrerent builds currently, still trying to decide between them. They're very similar, but also very different.

The first and the one I'm leaning towards the strongest because of less multiple stat dependance, is Rouge 15/Invisible Blade 5/Warblade 20. This build has 11d6 sneak attack at 20th level, all base saves 10 or over, Int bonuses to lots of stuff, including AC, crit confirms, AoOs, and against all flanked or flat-footed opponents. He can feint as a free action to force an opponent to be flat footed, and has a 20/20 BAB. Maneuvers would be highly focused on Tiger Claw and Diamond Mind styles with dips into Iron Heart. Did I mention he uses kukris? Well he does. They crit naturally on an 18-20. He's also, of course, a whisper gnome.

The other build I haven't fleshed out as much, but would replace Warblade with Swordsage. The major downside of this build is less BAB (-4 over 20 levels) and more multiple attribute dependance on Wisdom. Essentially taking Swordsage would primarily be to have access to a few techniques from Shadow Hand style, like Assassin Stance and Island of Blades, and the boost that does greater invisiblity for the round.

Ultimately I think the character is better as a warblade that concentrates on high numbers of attacks and sneak attacking, primarily alternating between Gerallon Windmill Fleshrip, Raging Mongoose, and Finishing Strike, all with as many doses of sneak attack as I can manage.
Avilister
The Mitten King

Post by Avilister »

rydi wrote:other than that, i might like trying a new system or something we haven't done in a while.
... like Exalted? :P
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

well i think pretty much everyone is cool with trying WLD for a while longer, so i will be running it again this weekend starting around 2 to 3.
Thael
Lost Knight

Will the real slim Josh please stand up

Post by Thael »

if we have to put the WLD on hold (I am not for this just yet) I really would like to see Josh do StarWars... I would play either version but if its plot is done like the movies it really is more about the story than action and the D6 version at least was built to accomodate this (I know from past experience)...
My Color is Blue
adam
Lost Knight

Post by adam »

I will be there tomorrow.

I would love to play a game with plot, my last game with plot was the first summer game.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
Player: Here's one.
Dungeon Master: Ninepence.
Worlds Largest Dungeon: I'm not dead!
Dungeon Master: What?
Player: Nothing. Here's your ninepence.
Worlds Largest Dungeon: I'm not dead!
Dungeon Master: 'Ere. He says he's not dead!
Player: Yes, he is.
Worlds Largest Dungeon: I'm not!
Dungeon Master: He isn't?
Player: Well, he will be soon. He's very ill.
Worlds Largest Dungeon: I'm getting better!
Player: No, you're not. You'll be stone dead in a moment.
Dungeon Master: Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
Worlds Largest Dungeon: I don't want to go on the cart!
Player: Oh, don't be such a baby.
Dungeon Master: I can't take him.
Worlds Largest Dungeon: I feel fine!
Player: Well, do us a favour.
Dungeon Master: I can't.
Player: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
Dungeon Master: No, I've got to go to the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Player: Well, when's your next round?
Dungeon Master: Thursday.
Worlds Largest Dungeon: I think I'll go for a walk.
Player: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Look. Isn't there something you can do?
Worlds Largest Dungeon: [singing] I feel happy. I feel happy.
[whop] [Thud]
Player: Ah, thanks very much.
Dungeon Master: Not at all. See you on Saturday.
My Color is Blue
Thael
Lost Knight

Furniture Delivery

Post by Thael »

I may be late to the early session this Saturday... having some furniture delivered and not sure yet what time it will arrive... they are shooting for morning which would mean no interference but who knows...
My Color is Blue
Ivanovich
Lost Knight

Post by Ivanovich »

sorry for the lateness of this notification, but due to midterms i will be unable to come out Saturday afternoon. I am behind in a couple of classes and need to take the time this weekend to catch up.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

pig. fucker.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Rusty
Lost Soul

Post by Rusty »

(I'll take this down instantly if someone has a problem with it. Seriously, all in good fun guys.)

(I love you zack...)