Actually just Pathfinder. For discussion of rules, character builds, and anything else non-campaign related.

Moderator: adam

Thael
Lost Knight

4.0 threads

Post by Thael »

I was reading threads seeing what questions came up and the answers they received since the FAQs are nill to none for content... found 2 in particular

First the Bad... http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1043227
this Jesuit guy is a nut... wants to follow the RAW but only those writting in the small section he is reading and forgets the rest of the book... duh der... I would have posted but the login is having issues so could not get in...

and the GOOD http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1043384
Really cool how CustServ answered so fast and often... they really paint a picture too... nasty nasty Warlocks and only slightly less nasty Rogues...
That which is not dead can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

i bet custserve is on high alert right now from staff to make transitions and customer opinion as favorable as possible.
Threading the Gerbil since 1982

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

Your likely right there Cheyne...

found another one... I like the longer ones or the ones that post cust serv info since they are either more decisive or just more exhaustive...

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1038439

I thought this was clear enough but that was me... also several people pointed out how it literally is written how you know what you can and cannot pick...
My Color is Blue
I value Knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold. My symbol is a water droplet. My enemies are green and red.
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

still having issues signing on to the boards so I decided to send a couple questions off to WotC to see what Cust Serv said

I asked about MM and Eldritch Blast counting as weapons for use in other powers since they count as ranged basic attacks... I figure I will get a negative on this, and I agree, but the debate on the boards made me want to be sure....

I also asked about items with more than one magical attribute (ie a flaming, shocking sword)... I picked two that had the same level charts (ie +1 at X, +2 at Y, +3 at Z, etc) in case it made a difference (the flaming and frost weapons have basically same function but different charts (probably because of difference in daily power since their properties are virtually the same)... I hope to hear back soon
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

it is all greek to me right now.

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

What a surprise... 4 days after their release and already they are having to make errata... some are merely typo corrections but some are things that were the type of mistakes you get from knowing the rules intent too well and not blindly reading the text and being dense... like the whole Half-elf racial ability to take an "At-Will" power from another class... people were trying to get class features based on this because they had block write ups like powers ignoring the "At-Will Powers" category heading where the classes pick their starting powers from... if it weren't so hard to agree on intent I would hate RAW more, instead I just hate the abusive types that break the game with it...
My Color is Blue
rydi
Site Admin

Post by rydi »

yeah. used to the gm was god.

then the book became god, and his job was merely to interpret.

finally, every became responsible for being their own interpreter of the true meaning of the book. and then all meaning was lost.

Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

actually the GM is still god... he just has to put his foot down... you limited allowed material, which is one thing they can do... Gideon made a theme game that focused on a single class (something I don't recommend in the new addition as yet, not enough variety for more than 2-3 of same class if that)... and they can always veto any RAW they want... don't know what the issue on the boards is about house ruling... people insulting each other when one states plainly "this is my opinion and I will rule it as such in MY game"... just sad...
My Color is Blue
Thael
Lost Knight

Post by Thael »

checked my email and found that they have yet to resolve the issue with Ranger multi-classing... problem at current is that if you take the Ranger class feat it does not allow you to qualify for ANY Ranger paragon path since they all require a style selection that does not come with the feat... it likely will after errata since the warlock feat does... also they had to add an addendum to the Ranger feat already to limit the use of the class feature it gave so it would not out do the others so why not a 3rd shot at getting it right... seems rangers never get the love from WotC...

also from Cust Serv... magic items are single enchantment only... if it is not listed in the book as a single "magic item" then it cannot be made... as yet... there is only one item off the top of my head that combos effects and that is the Boots of Striding(or Springing cant remember which) and then the higher level version Boots of Springing and Striding... no cloak of resistance and displacement... no +4 plate of Etherealness and Slick Moves, etc...
My Color is Blue